In my previously article, I informed you about the rolling out of the Android Lollipop 5.0 OS for the Nexus Tablet and now I just found out a factory image dubbed as LRX21P for the Nexus 7 WiFi tablet. The factory image is made available exclusively for the said model and it’s supposed to make voracious changes to your device post update. The changes will be witnessed both in the visual interface and and performance optimization. The whole lot can be experienced by you post update of your Smartphone. Also it will include tons of new features and specs to your device which will enable your handset for multi-tasking. Now let’s take a look on the steps to flash the factory image to your handset.
- A Samsung Nexus 7 (2013) Tablet
- A computer to download the required files
- Original USB cable
- Nexus 7 (2013) USB drivers for your computer. Also forget not to install ADB.
- Enable the USB debugging option.
- Back up of all important data on your Tablet.
- Keep your phone fully charged or at least maintain a minimum charge of 60% in it.
Remember, BlogZamana will no way be held responsible for any unwanted change or damage in your android device that may occur during this process of updating. Users should carry out this procedure purely on their own risk. However, it is very unlikely that any such damage will be caused. .
- First of all download the file on your PC and unzip it to the .tgz extension. That means, if post unzipping the files shows the .tar extension, then rename it to .tgz extension.
- After copy and place the files and place those in the fastboot folder in your PC.
- Now put your device into Fastboot mode. To do that first switch off your device and then press the Volume Down + Power button for 2 -3 seconds. After switch on your tablet and connect it to your PC in the fastboot mode. From the fastboot folder only open the command prompt and enter the following command.
fastboot flash bootloader bootloader-filename.img
fastboot flash radio radio-filename.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash userdata userdata.img
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot erase cache
fastboot flash cache cache.img
That’s it! Now your device will reboot with the new Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware. In case your device enters into bootloop sequence, turn it off and reapply the process starting from first. Once your device reboots, you can check the firmware version of your device by visiting Setting=> About Phone. In case of any issues, ping me back in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you instantly.