Samsung has started rolling the latest Android 126.96.36.199 Official firmware update for its Galaxy Gear Neo dvice in Korea for different carriers such as KT Corporation, LG Uplus & SK Telecome. The firmware carries the build name R381XXU0BOA2 and is liable to bring few changes in the user interface and operations. Anyways, the changes you can experience after updating your device to the next level, but for the time it’s important to flash the new firmware in your Smartphone.
Now question arises, how to do that? Very simple. I am here to guide you through the steps. The update method is called manual update about which I am gonna discuss here. The manual update method is to be materialized via Odin, Samsung’s own application software to flash new firmwares to your device. Anyways, before starting the update you need to read and understand the whole procedure properly. So take a keen look on the complete procedure.
Caution: Though it’s an official update, silly mistakes made by you can affect your device. It’s great to take the responsibility of any damage by yourself. There is no such guarantee that the information will work 100 percent. In case of any problem, we will definitely help you to overcome. But remember, flashing is your own responsibility. BlogZamana will not remain responsible any way for any concerns caused due to the update.
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2 Neo SM-R381
- Computer (Windows XP or Windows 7)
- Original USB Cable
- Install Samsung KIES in PC and update through internet from official site. This is very important that upgraded version of KIES must be used to officially make the device updated.
- Disable any antivirus program from both your Gaalxy wear & Smartphone to avoid interruption during the update.
- Make the device data backup in case of loss or corrupt, backup all the SMS, Contacts, call logs, MMS, videos, songs, apps, APN passwords and other files present in direct phone
- Make sure that the Smartphone has 70% battery charge or more to avoid automatic shut down during the update.
Procedure to update Galaxy Gear Neo with official Android 188.8.131.52 Firmware
- First make sure you followed the above requirements, battery charged, installed both the software (WinRar+ Samsung kies) in computer and installed the zip file.
- Then download the firmware as per your requirement from the given links along with Odin and extract both the files to your PC. Place the files on desktop to find those easily.
- Turn off your Galaxy device and land it into download mode by press-holding the VOL DOWN KEY+ HOME+POWER Button. Then again press the volume up key to continue when a warning massage appears.
- Now double click on Odin to launch it and then connect the device via USB. When the device gets detected by Odin the pass message will appear. If this doesn’t happen then you have not upgraded the Samsung KIES from the official Samsung site. If properly connected, then Odin ID:COM box turns yellow and now you can move to the next step.
- Click on PDA option in Odin and then select the tar.md5 file that was extracted by you earlier in the second step. Make sure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Then click on start to flash the firmware. Wait for few minutes and a PASS message will appear confirming the flashed update.
Congratulations, you have now successfully learned the process to flash the Android 184.108.40.206 Official firmware update on your Samsung Galaxy Gear Neo SM-R381. In case of any difficulties, hesitate not to inform me in the comment section. If you want to get more updates on custom ROMs or firmware updates, then do not forget to visit our site BlogZmana. Leave a comment if you have any doubt.