Hey Galaxy S3 Neo GT-I9301Q users! Pretty good news for you. Now you can flash the advanced Android 5.0.2 Lollipop CM12 (s3ve3g) Custom ROM on your Galaxy device. The Custom ROM is pioneered by XDA Developer’s senior member Rox and is readily available for the Galaxy S3 Neo handsets. If you are an user of this device and want to flash this firmware to your handset, then what to wait for? Get started with the following manual update method. This new Custom ROM might bring some significant changes in your device that will enhance your users experience.
Oh yes, before initiating the process, you need to fill certain requirements which are mandatory for this Custom ROM update. Most important requirements are to root your device and install the latest CWM Recovery in your handset before starting the update. Let’s have a look on the other requirements below.
- One Galaxy S3 Neo handset
- One Windows PC
- One Original USB Cable
- Backup of all your personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files since those might get erased during the installation.
- Deactivate the antivirus or any other security protection from your PC & handset for the time since that might create hindrance in the installation process.
- Ensure that your device have at least 70% power back up before you initiate the installation process to avoid any sort of inconvenience during the installation.
- Enable the USB debugging option in your Smartphone. To enable, go to the Settings options. Forget not to disable USB Debugging post update.
- Android 5.0.2 Lollipop CM12 (s3ve3g) Custom ROM
- Gapps (Search from Google)
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned files and then connect your handset to your PC via USB. Then move the file to the SD card in your device.
- Then you have to move your device into recovery mode. To do so, first switch off your Galaxy Neo, press & hold the Volume Up + Home + Power Buttons. Use Volume button to toggle in recovery mode.
- In that mode select wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Next you have to flash the update file in your Galaxy S3 Neo. To do that click on the option Install zip from SD card and then select the files one after another that you moved to your storage in step 1. Then click Install and follow the screen instructions to flash the files in your device.
- Wait still the updates finishe. Once finished, return to the main menu and click “Reboot System Now”. Now your Smartphone will be rebooted into normal mode.
So what you find now? No guess! Of course the Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware in your Galaxy S3 Neo GT-I9301Q. So what are you waiting for? Start browsing the new Lollipop features in your device. If you face any unsolvable issues, ping back in the comment section. I shall find out a solution for you.