Updating your Smartphone to the latest official firmware both multiplies your Smartphone experience and fixes the existing bugs in your device. It too make your handset more powerful with with a number of new features. And specifically when we talk of the Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware, it’s simply awesome. I mean the latest updates of Android 4.3 jelly Bean come with lots of eloquent features that are superior than the default Jelly Bean OS.
As per the reports, Samsung has just of late rolled the newest Android 4.3 official Firmware update for its Galaxy S III GT-I9300I Smartphone in a number of countries i.e. Iran, Kenya, Saudi Arabia, China & Brazil etc. So the users residing in the said countries will get the update notification in their Smartphones via OTA. Even some might have already updated the latest firmware if got the notification.
But if you are among them who have still not updated your device to this latest firmware, then dear readers, I bring you here the step-by-step guide to flash this new firmware in your Galaxy S III manually. The update process otherwise is called manual update. This guide is only meant for the above mentioned device users who want to upgrade their device further. So let’s have a look on the update process.
Before initiating the update process, it’s mandatory that you must double check the name and model number of the handset since this update is only meant for the Samsung S III GT-I9300I. Upgrading any other device following this update method might hard-brick your device. Remember, BlogZamana will never remain responsible for any sort of brick or damage of your device. What you do is all your risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300I Smartphone.
- Original Data Cable.
- One PC preloaded with Samsung S III drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in your Galaxy S III device since the update process might erase all data.
- Keep at least 80% battery back up in your Galaxy S III to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the 4.3.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Galaxy S III and boot it into download mode by long press and hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom+Power Button. Press the Volume Up button again to continue as soon as you see a warning triangle on your display.
- Now launch Odin and connect your Galaxy S III to your PC via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue along with the COM PORT Number and an Added Massage will be displayed in the bottom left corner of the screen, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select the AP/PDA button from the ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension from the extracted folder placed on your desktop in step 1. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see a PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your Galaxy S III from your PC when it restarts.
The update process takes around 4-5 minutes and your device will reboot automatically. So wait till your device gets rebooted. If your Galaxy S III Smartphone gets rebooted successfully, then you have properly followed the steps and have successfully flashed the latest Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware on your Galaxy S III Smartphone. But if your device doesn’t reboot properly then it might have struck in bootloop sequence. To get out of there, follow this article. The procedure is easy and finishes within a few minutes. You shouldn’t face any issues for the same. In case you face any issues in the update process, don’t forget to massage me in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you at hand.