The Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 users should get ready to enjoy the powerful Android 7.0 Nougat features on their handsets. The Cyanogen team has lately introduced the new Android 7.0 Nougat CM14.1 UNOFFICIAL ROM packs a number of Android 7.0 Nougat features with powerful Cyanogenmod customizations, through a Custom ROM. Once the update is finished, you will get to know what are the changes your Smartphone has experienced post update.
Here, we shall guide you through the steps to flash this new Nougat Custom ROM on the Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 handset. But before starting the update process, you need to fulfill the below given pre-requirements.
Primarily you are suggested to root your Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 and install the latest TWRP Recovery file on it. Also you need to create a complete backup of the videos, movies, contacts, songs & all other data in your Android handset before starting the update. You need to install the Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 drivers on your PC to easily connect it to your Smartphone. Ensure to shut down any antivirus program if you run on both your Smartphone & PC and keep at least 60% power back up on your device to avoid unexpected shutdown of your device during the update. This Custom ROM is only meant for the said device and hence don’t use it in any other Smartphone. Else those might get bugged or bricked.
Also Read: How to update Samsung Galaxy SM-J120ZN to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop J120ZNDVU1APK1 Firmware
It’s fully your decision to update your Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 Smartphone to the new Custom ROM & hence we’ll not be blamed if anything inconvenient happened to your device because of the update.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Android 7.0 Nougat CM14.1 ROM and then download the Gapps file.
- Then enable the USB Debugging option on your Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 handset.
- After connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 SPH-L710 Smartphone to your PC via USB & transfer both the files that you downloaded to the SD card of your device.
- Next detach the USB cable from your Smartphone and put your handset into Recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, clear cache from your device by pressing the “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” option and then tap on “wipe cache partition”.
- Now it’s time to install the downloaded files on your Samsung Galaxy S3. To start installation, click on “install zip from SD card” and select the Android 7.0 Nougat CM14.1 ROM filw that you moved to the SD card of your device in step III.
- After click install to start the installation process. Wait till the installation finishes.
- Imitate the same procedure to install Gapps on your Samsung Galaxy S3 Smartphone.
- After successful installation of both the files, return to the Recovery mode menu and press “reboot system now”.
That’s all! Your Samsung Galaxy S3 now must be running on the Android 7.0 Nougat OS. Wanna check? Then go to the About Device section in your device. Positively inform us the changes you mark in your device post update. Also let’s know any issues if you faced during the update process. I shall try to find out some solution for you.
NB: The update is your own risk. We at BlogZamana will not remain responsible if anything wrong happens to your device.