If you are a Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime Pro Smartphone user, then you will be happy to know that now you can enjoy the powerful Android 9.0 Pie features on your handset. But how? Just by flashing the unofficial Android 9.0 Pie LineageOS 16.0 ROM on your said device. The ROM being unofficial of course needs some advance Android titbits to flash on your device. But what if you are a newbie! Nothing to worry. We have this step-by-step guide for you.
In this article I shall guide you through the step-by-step guide to to flash the powerful Android 9.0 Pie LineageOS 16.0 Unofficial ROM on your Redmi 4 Prime Pro. The Custom ROM is designed and developed by Androidhost Developer Vonny Cornelya and it intends to add a number of changelog to your handset. This new Custom ROM is not only will provide aditional features, but also will add a more useful and developed interface to your handset.
Caution: You are warned that the said Custom ROM is meant only for the superior Android users and newbies are suggested not to play with their Smartphones. We will not be blamed if anything wrong happenes to your Smartphone because of the installation. Still if you want to install, you can follow the guideline properely.
Pre-Requirements: You must create a Nandroid backup for your Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime Pro, unlock the bootloader, install TWRP Recovery on your device, enable USB Debugging and disable the Antivirus program from both your Smartphone and PC to carry on smooth flashing. You must root your device.
Steps to Update
- Download the above mentioned two files and next connect your Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime Pro to your PC via USB. After move both the files to the SD Card of your Smartphone and detach the USB cable.
- Enable the USB Debugging from the Developer Section of your Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime Pro. You must disable USB Debugging post update.
- Now you have to switch off your Smartphone and move it into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache” options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- It’s time to flash the Android 9.0 Pie LineageOS 16.0 Unofficial ROM on Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime Pro. To do that click on install zip from SD card, select the files one after another (first Custom ROM, then Gapps) that you moved to your SD Card in step 1 and flash one after another.
- Wait still the update is finished. Once finished, return to the Recovery mode menu and click “Reboot System Now”.
Once rebooted properly, know that you are done with the update. Now it’s time to mark the bug fixes and enhancements in the features of your Xiaomi Redmi 4 Prime Pro. In case you face any issues, feel free to get back to us. We shall try to find out a solution for you.