The Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960F Smartphone, one of the most popular handsets from Samsung has lately started receiving the Android 8.0.0 Oreo Firmware update. The firmware build is dubbed as G960FXXU2BRJ3 and is available for update in lot many countries across the globe. If you are a user of the said Android device, then keep checking the Notification Panel of your Smartphone to get the OTA.
Before starting the update, you must know that the said firmware aims at bringing end number of enhancements in your device that includes a brand new UI, superior Oreo goodies, stable device performance and many more. Now let’s take a look at the pre-requirements of the update. Also you need to remember that the said update is only for the Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960F Smartphone and hence must not be used in any other devices.
Make sure to double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before starting the update as it’s only meant for the said device. Using the firmware on other Smartphones might brick your device or even create bugs in it. Be known that BlogZamana will never be blamed for any sort of issues or bugs if created in your device because of the update. So what you do is your own risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960F Smartphone
- Original USB Cable
- One PC pre-loaded with Samsung Galaxy S9 drivers.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in your Android handset since the update might erase all your data.
- Keep at least 50% battery back up on your Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960F to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the Android 8.0.0 Oreo G960FXXU2BRJ3.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960F and boot it into download mode. Press the Volume Up button to continue as soon you see a warning triangle on your device display.
- Next launch Odin on your PC and connect your Smartphone to it via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue with the COM PORT Number & an Added Massage in the below left corner of the SMartphone, if your device gets connected properly.
- After select “PDA” from ODIN and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset” Time checkboxes are ticked in ODIN & the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check Settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see a PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop ensuring that the flashing is complete. Disconnect the Smartphone from your PC when your device restarts.
The update process will take almost 4-5 minutes and your Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960F will reboot automatically after the update. Wait still the update finishes.
Congratulations! You have successfully flashed the new firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960F. Enjoy!! In case of any issues, ping me in the comment section. I will try to revert with a solution.