How to make UPI Payment without Internet
The purpose of introducing *99# USSD was to make digital payment available for feature phones. Now this code also has been made available for the Telecom companies.
Use of UPI for making payments has significantly grown since the initiation of COVID. For making payments through UPI you must have internet on your feature phone. But one news is making it around the corner that now UPI payments also can be made without internet. That means for UPI payments, internet is no more needed. The news also includes the tips to make UPI payment without internet which is half. It’s true that you can make UPI payments without internet, but for that you must understand the entire procedure properly. So let’s know how to do it properly.
But before understanding the procedure, you must know about the *99# USSD code. Worth mentioning that the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) had started USSD code based Mobile banking service in 2012. Initially it was introduced only for the MTNL and BSNL customers. Later in 2016, the Unified Payment Interface (UPI) which was made available for both the Smartphones and Feature phones. The purpose of introducing *99# USSD was to make digital payment available for feature phones. Now this code also has been made available for the Telecom companies.
How to send money without internet
- First of all dial *99# USSD from any mobile, Smartphone or Feature phone.
- Now one menu will appear in which you have to enter the name of your bank or the first four letters of your bank IFSC code.
- Now the list of all banks will appear with which your mobile number is linked.
- Then select reply with the number to which your bank account is linked and send.
- Now you will need to enter the last six digits of your Debit card and click on send.
- Now you have to enter the Debit card expiry details after which your UPI PIN will be generated.
- Now you have to again dial *99# after which you will get lot many alternatives starting from Send Money to Transaction.
- If you only want to send money, then reply with 1.
- Then enter the mobile number to which you want to send money.
- Now you will be asked for the amount you want to send, enter the amount.
- Now enter UPI PIN to process the payment.
Note: The USSD Code *99# will work only with numbers linked to your bank account. And UPI PIN to process the payment will be the last six digits of your Debit card.
To get daily updates keep visiting BlogZamana. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
How To Jump 10 Seconds In YouTube Video
How To Verify Who Has Not Accepted Your Request On Instagram