Rooting your device opens up ample opportunities for you to download and install a number of rooted apps from the Google Play Store in your device along with many other opportunities. So everyone always seeks for a guide to root their Android device. In my previous article I informed you how to update your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (LTE) with the recently rolled out Official Android KitKat 4.4.2 N9005XXUEND5 firmware and in this article of mine I shall inform you how to root Galaxy Note 3 (LTE) N9005 with Android 4.4.2 KItKat . If you have already updated your Galaxy Note 3 device with the said firmware, then you can follow the below given rooting process to root your device.
This tutorial is only meant for the above said device and hence don’t try this with any other devices. Be sure that BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any sort of issues like Bugs, Brick of device or Dead SD Card, if your device experiences any during the process. So properly understand what you do.
- One Galaxy Note 3(LTE) Handset pre-updated with KitKat 4.4.2 N9005XXUEND5 firmware.
- Original Data Cable
- One PC preloaded with Samsung drivers. Else download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website first.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in your device since the updation process will erase all data from your device.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your Galaxy Note II Smartphone to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- Chainfire’s rooting package for the Note 3 (LTE) N9005 (http://download.chainfire.eu/352/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-hlte-hltexx-smn9005.zip)
- ODIN flash tool (http://d-h.st/43f)
Procedure to Root Your Galaxy Note 3 (LTE) N9005
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract those to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Note 3 Smartphone and boot it into download mode by long press and hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom+Power Button. Press the Volume Up button to continue as soon as you see a warning triangle sign on your display.
- Now connect you device to your PC via USB and find out the ODIN.exe file on the extracted ODIN folder on your desktop. Click Run.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue along with the COM PORT Number and Added Massage in the below screen, if your device gets connected properely.
- Now select the PDA file from the ODIN screen and browse the CF Auto Rooted package from desktop. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked. You
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process. Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS massage on the ODIN screen once the flashing is complete.
- Now your Smartphone will reboot automatically and when it boots up, you will see the SuperSU app there. Run the app and update the su binary if you are prompted.
Great! You got the root access to your Galaxy Note 3 (LTE) N9005 Smartphone now. In case you find any issues, then get back to us with your queries.