Samsung of late rolled out the new Official Android KitKat 4.4.2 Update for the Galaxy Note 3 (LTE) N9005 handset and the update is being rolled out in installments being OTA in nature. The latest official build is named after N9005XXUEND5 and being an unbranded firmware, it’s easy to get installed in any unlocked Galaxy Note 3 N9005. However, if you have already rooted your Galaxy Note 3 device, then you have no way left apart from updating your device manually, since your device can’t receive the OTA update. But if you are one of those fellows who are desperate to update their device manually and can’t wait for the update to hit their notification panel, then you have stepped in at the right place. Just follow the given guidelines and within few minutes you can easily update your device with the latest N9005XXUEND5 build.
This tutorial is only meant for the above said device and hence don’t try this with any other devices. Be sure that BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any sort of issues like Bugs, Brick of device or Dead SD Card, if your device experiences any during the process. So properly understand what you do.
- One Galaxy Note 3(LTE) Handset
- Original Data Cable
- One PC preloaded with Samsung drivers. Else download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website first.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in your device since the updation process will erase all data from your device.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your Galaxy Note II Smartphone to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- Android 4.4.2 N9005XXUEND5 for Galaxy Note 3 (http://terafile.co/922838f10339)
- ODIN flash tool (http://d-h.st/43f)
Steps to Update Your Galaxy Note 3 (LTE) N9005
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract those to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Note 3 Smartphone and boot it into download mode by long press and hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom+Power Button. Press the Volume Up button to continue as soon as you see a warning triangle sign on your display.
- Now connect you device to your PC via USB and find out the ODIN.exe file on the extracted ODIN folder on your desktop. Click Run.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue along with the PORT Number and Added Massage in the below screen, if your device gets connected properely.
- Now select the files from the ODIN screen that you want to install on your device. You can find the files in the firmware package that you extracted to your desktop. Choose the ones only which one are available in the Firmware Package.
- Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.ResetTime check boxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked. You can check it only if you have chosen a .PIT file in the ODIN screen.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process. Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS massage on the ODIN screen once the flashing is complete.
Now your Smartphone will restart automatically and you should unplug the device in the meantime. Congrats!! You are done with the latest firmware updation in your device. Now let’s see how to root your device.