Motorola, a brand name in the smartphone market bags rave reviews for its service and products. One such device is the Verizon Motorola Droid 4 which can now test the Lollipop features. But how? You must wonder because no official firmware has been released for the same. But one brand new Custom ROM i.e. the Android 5.1 Lollipop CM 12.1 Nightly (maserati) is right now available for the Motorola Droid 4. The new Custom ROM will of course be pleasure-some for the Verizon Motorola Droid 4 users who are not satisfied with the features of the present version.
Anyways, you must take certain care while updating your Droid 4 device with the new CM 12.1 Nightly (maserati) firmware. First of all a complete Nandroid backup for your handset should be made since there is possibility of your handset loosing all data while processing the update. Apart, you must root your device and install the latest CWM Recovery on your handset before installing this Custom ROM. You can do this by unlocking the bootloader in your device.
Among other needs, you have to enable the USB Debugging option in your handset and keep at least 75% power backup to avoid unexpected shut down during the update.
BlogZamana will no way remain responsible for any damage or bricking that your device may face during this Custom ROM update. Therefore, users must carry out the steps below at their own risk. However, it is very unlikely that any such damage will occur due to this.
- Android 5.1 Lollipop CM 12.1 Nightly (maserati) Custom ROM
- Google Apps package
- First of all download the above given files and then connect your Motorola Droid 4 to your computer via USB cable.
- Next, transfer the CM 12.1 Nightly (maserati) Custom ROM.zip file and Google Apps package to the SD card of handset from the computer.
- After disconnect the Motorola device from the computer.
- Enable the USB debugging option from developer section of your device.
- Then, switch off the Motorola device and put it into recovery mode.
- Now, choose ‘wipe data/factory reset’ from the main menu of the rebooted screen.
- Then, choose ‘wipe cache partition’ from the main menu.
- Next, choose ‘install zip from SD card’ and then, search for CM 12.1 Nightly (maserati) Custom ROM file and Google Apps package from the SD card of the phone that was transferred earlier.
- Now choose to install.
- After the installation is complete, come back to the main menu of the Motorola smartphone and choose ‘reboot system now’ option.
And there you are, all done with updating your Android 5.1 Lollipop CM 12.1 Nightly (maserati) Custom ROM on Verizon Motorola Droid 4. In case of any issues, forget not to ping me back in the comment section. For more Android news, updates and rooting tips, keep visiting Blogzamana.