We all want to remain connected with our friends and get updates from them. Luckily, technology makes it easier for us. Now we can always stay connected with them and share whatever we want share with them. Facebook, the social networking site is one of the gifts of technology. I think it is very difficult to find a person who is using computer or smart phone but doesn’t have an account in Facebook.
Social networking sites are very useful but sometimes being social is not so easy! I’m taking about facebook notifications, you will get notifications when a friend post anything on your wall, become friend with anybody else, when anyone likes /comments on your post, when someone sends you friend request and so on. If you are using an Android device to access facebook then it is very irritating to get a new notification each and every time your friends do any activity. But you can disable the notification feature from the Facebook app settings manually, Follow the steps below to turn off the notification feature from Facebook app.
Disable Facebook notification:
- Launch the Facebook app on your Android.
- Tap the in-app button on top left corner of the screen.
- A tray will be slide in from the left side of the screen. Scroll down to Settings group and then choose Account.
- Tap on App Settings and scroll down to Notifications.
- Under notification settings, you can see the Active check box is checked. Uncheck this option to completely disable the facebook notifications.
If you don’t want to completely disable the notification, then it also includes individual options such as Wall posts, Friend requests, comments, friend conformation, likes, Messages etc. You have to uncheck only the options which notification you don’t want to have on your Android.
You can also disable notification from a particular friend, to do so you can follow the following steps:
- Launch the Facebook app and tap on the friend search button
- A tray will slide in with the list of your favorite friends. Enter the name of your friend from whom you do not want to get notified.
- When the search will be completed select his name from the list and you will be taken to the page containing a selectable notification button. Go to the next page by tapping on it. And select the options to not to get notifications for particular friends and conversations.