The Samsung Galaxy J7 smartphone recently got updated to the official Android 5.1.1 Lollipop UBU1AOL2 firmware. If you are not lucky enough to get the update Over The Air, then here is the Odin update method. The users facing problems in the current OS of their Samsung Galaxy J7 can opt for further upgrading their Smartphone to the new firmware version. Rather, this new update will bring loads of features on your device which will make your Android experience quite distinct. Using the steps given in this article, you can flash the firmware easily on your device.
Samsung Galaxy J7 carries a 5.5 inches Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen with screen resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. The Smartphone supports 3G connectivity HSDPA 14.4 Mbps, HSUPA 5.76 Mbps and Wifi too. The NFC GB RAM, 16GB internal Memory, 128GB expandable memory, is powered by a Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A53 octa-core processor and tons of other features. The device runs on Android 5.1 Lollipop OS and now will be upgraded to 5.1.1 Android Lollipop.
Caution: Note that this UBU1AOL2 update is straight offered by Samsung to us. Do not confuse it with beta custom ROMs, rather be confirmed that it’s an official update in a manual way. We will pay no attention to damaged Smartphone users because the entire process is their responsibility. We are only here to help you recover from damage if you face any during update. The far most important thing is that the device must not be rooted.
- Samsung Galaxy J7
- Computer (Windows XP or Windows 7)
- Original USB Cable
- Enable the USB Debugging by settings>application>development and tick the USB Debugging box and do not forget to untick the box when the update is finished.
- Backup all the personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, music, apps, contacts, messages, apps etc present in phone using backup app to avoid data loss
- Power up the device if your battery is low and hence it must be 60% or more to avoid automatic shutdown.
- Android 5.1.1 UBU1AOL2 firmware (Download as per your region)
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy J7 to latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- First make sure the device is not rooted and then make the backup. If it is rooted then you may or may not get the exact result. It’s totally unexpected.
- Then download the UBU1AOL2 Lollipop 5.1.1 firmware for Samsung Galaxy J7 and after download Odin. Do not rename it.
- After that extract both the downloaded files in your computer and place them in desktop for easy finding while updating.
- Switch off the device and press the VOL DOWN KEY+OK BUTTON+POWER BUTTON to land your device into download mode. When a warning message appears, press the VOL UP KEY to move further to the next step. If you return back into normal mode, then again try it.
- Now double click on Odin to launch it and then with the help of USB cable connect the device to your PC. As soon as the ID:COM box in odin turns yellow indicating that the device is connected. If this doesn’t happen then you might not have enabled the USB Debugging option. Go to Settings>Applications> Development>USB debugging and KIES.
- Now select PDA and choose the .tar file that was downloaded and extracted by you in the beginning. Go ahead and click on Start. The update procedure will start and will take few minutes. The phone will be off and reboot automatically. Then unplug the cable and go easy with the official updated phone.
Check the new firmware from the About Phone section in settings. Well done. Now you have learnt the procedure to update your Samsung Galaxy J7 to the official Lollipop firmware.