The Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE Smartphone users can now make the best out of their handset. the reason is clear as lately Samsung has started rolling the newest Android 5.0.1 Official Lollipop firmware for them. The firmware has been named as XXUHOB8 and is being rolled in a number of countries including Germany, Netherlands and Spain. But speciality about the firmware is that it’s being rolled for the Vodafone Galaxy S4 LTE users in the said countries.
While flashing the firmware to your handset will bring you numerous opportunities to multiply your Android know-how, your handset also will test the sweetness of many new features. Post update, you can also root your Android, flash TWRP/CWM recovery on it, or can unlock it to get the base access to your handset. Besides your Galaxy S4 LTE will be free from the existing bugs and many new features will be added to your handset. So now let’s take a look on the steps to flash this new firmware to your Android device.
Before starting the update, it’s a must to check the name and model number of the handset since this update is only meant for the Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505 handsets. Upgrading any other device following this update method might brick your device. Remember, BlogZamana will never remain responsible for any sort of brick or damage of your device. What you do is all your risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505 Smartphone.
- Original Data Cable
- One PC preloaded with Galaxy S4 LTE drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in your Android device since the update will erase all data.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your handset to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the 5.0.1 XXUHOB8.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Smartphone and boot it into download mode by long press and hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom+Power Button. Press the Volume Up button again to continue as soon as you see a warning triangle on your display.
- Now launch Odin and connect your device to your PC via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN turning blue along with the COM PORT Number and an Added Massage will appear in the bottom left corner of the screen, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select the AP/PDA button from the ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension from the extracted folder in step 1. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to initiate the process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your Smartphone from your PC when your device restarts.
The update process will take around 4-5 minutes and your device will reboot automatically. So wait still your device has not rebooted. Once rebooted, know that your Galaxy S4 LTE has been successfully updated to the latest Android 5.0.1 XXUHOB8 firmware. The procedure is easy and finishes within few minutes. You shouldn’t face any issues for the same. In case of any issues, don’t forget to massage me in the comment section. I shall find out a solution for you instantly.