If you are a Samsung Galaxy S7 Core SM-J701F user and reside in Russia or Ukraine, then it’s time for you to upgrade your Smartphone to the 2nd top and one of the most powerful Android OS in the world. Yes, the Android Oreo 8.1.0 update has started rolling for the Samsung Galaxy S7 Core SM-J701F in the said countries with the firmware build J701FXVU6BRIA. If you are interested to flash this firmware on your Smartphone, then we have this quick guide for you. Just have a look.
The firmware is being rolled Over The Air and hence you might receive the OTA update notification at any time. But if you have missed the OTA by chance, can’t wait it to hit your handset or you want a quick solution, then the below given manual update process will be OK for you. Now let’s take a look on the pre-requirements of the update.
Warning: NEVER BLAME US FOR A BRICKED, BUGGED OR CORRUPTED DEVICE DUE TO UPDATE AS IT’S ALL YOUR RISK TO MOVE TO FOLLOW THE MANUAL PROCEDURE. WE WILL NEVER REMAIN RESPONSIBLE.
- Makes sure the battery of your Samsung Galaxy S7 Core SM-J701F is charged at least 50 percent.
- Backup all device data using backup app.
- Make sure to enable the USB Debugging on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Core SM-J701F.
- USB driver for the Smartphone must be installed on PC.
- A Nandroid backup must be created for your device.
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy S7 Core SM-J701F to Android Oreo
- Download the firmware file (Russia and Ukraine) on your PC with Odin and extract them both.
- Run Odin as Administrator now.
- Switch off Samsung Galaxy S7 Core SM-J701F and boot into download mode.
- Next connect the Smartphone to your PC via USB and now you can find the CM port open in Odin screen. If an Added text message appears, then know that the device is successfully connected.
- Check the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time “options in Odin, after click the AP button and select the .tar.md5 file that was extracted on the above step.
- Click on the start button to start the installation process. After few minutes a Pass message will appear. Post completion, the phone will reboot automatically.
- Next you need to detach the USB cable and check Settings>About for the new firmware version.
If your device gets stuck in the middle of normal reboot, then go to the Recovery Mode Menu & perform “Wipe Data/Factory Reset” and “Wipe Cache Partition” to reboot your device. In Recovery Mode, use the Volume keys to navigate between options and Power key to select any option.
Congrats! Now you have learnt the procedure to update your Samsung Galaxy S7 Core SM-J701F to the official Oreo Firmware through manual procedure. For more updates keep visiting Blogzmana.