The Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge is now receiving the Android 8.0.0 Oreo Firmware update. The update build is dubbed as Oreo G935UUEU8CRJ2 and is available for update in the United States of America. The update is aslo rolled in other corners of the globe at any time in near future. So keep checking the Notification Panel of your Smartphone to get the OTA notifiction.
Before starting the update, you need to know that the said firmware is supposed to bring end number of improvements in your handset that includes new UI, brand new Oreo goodies, stable performance and many more. Now let’s take a look at the pre-requirements of the update. Also you need to remember that the said update is only for the G935UUEU8CRJ2 and hence must not be used in any other devices.
Make sure to double check the Name and model of your handset before starting the update since it’s meant only for the said device. Using the firmware on other handsets might brick your Smartphone or even create bugs in it. Be careful that BlogZamana will never be blamed for any sort of issues or bugs if created in your device due to the update. So what you do is at your own risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Smartphone
- Original USB Cable
- One PC pre-loaded with Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge drivers.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in your Android handset since the update will erase all your data.
- Keep at least 60% battery back up on your Galaxy S7 Edge to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the Android 8.0.0 Oreo G935UUEU8CRJ2.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and boot it into download mode. Press the Volume Up button to continue as soon you see a warning triangle on your device display.
- Then launch Odin on your PC and connect your Smartphone to it via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue with the COM PORT Number & an Added Massage in the below left corner of the handset, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select “PDA” from ODIN and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset” Time checkboxes are ticked in ODIN & the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check Settings and hit the START button to bigin the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see a PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop ensuring that the flashing procedure is complete. Disconnect your Smartphone from your PC when your device restarts.
The update process will take almost 4-5 minutes and your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge will reboot automatically post update. Wait still the update finishes.
Congratulations!! You have successfully flashed the new firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge. Enjoy!! In case of any issues, ping me in the comment section.