Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini SCH-R890, the other popular Smartphone from Samsung which was considered to be a replication of the highlighted Smartphone Galaxy S4, has of late started receiving the Android KitKat 4.4.2 TYUBNK1 firmware update. The latest build has been named as R890TYUBNK1 and is available for update in USA. The update is supposed to go live around the world soon. The firmware is available via OTA. Anyways, if the users want to update their devices manually, can follow the below given steps and update their device with the latest firmware. The process is quite easy, but before initiating the update, you need to take a look on the pre-requisites mentioned below.
Before moving to the update procedure, we must tell you that the latest firmware from Samsung brings a number of improvements in your Smartphone with brand new features and will fix the existing bugs in your device. Now let’s take a look on the pre-requirements.
Make sure to double check the Name and model of your device before starting the installation since it’s only meant for the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini SCH-R890. Using the process with other devices might hard brick your device or create bugs in it. Be sure that BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any sort of issues like Bugs, Brick of device or Dead SD Card, if your device experiences any during the installation process. What you do is on your own risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini SCH-R890 Smartphone.
- Original Data Cable
- One PC preloaded with Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini SCH-R890 drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in Android your device since the update process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your Galaxy S4 Mini SCH-R890 to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- KitKat 4.4.2 R890TYUBNK1 Firmware
- Odin Flash Tool
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the Android KitKat 4.4.2 TYUBNK1.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Smartphone and boot it into download mode by long press and hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom+Power Button. Press the Power button to continue as soon as you see a warning triangle sign on your display.
- Now launch Odin and connect your device to your PC via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue along with the COM PORT Number and Added Massage in the below left corner of the screen, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select the PDA button from the ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your Smartphone from your PC when your device restarts.
The update process will take almost 4-5 minutes and your device will get rebooted automatically after the update is completed. Wait still the process finishes. Congrats!! You have successfully updated the new firmware in your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini SCH-R890. Enjoy!! In case of any issues, don’t forget to get back to me via the comment section. I am always there to find out a solution for you.