Samsung tablets are well known because of its various ranges. It comes from all sort of prices to features and specifications. In same way the rooting and firmware updates are out more on them only because . Sony has got two tablets in its bag S and P. If you owe Sony tablet S then here is the tutorial to apply the update on Sony tablet S of Jellybean 4.1.2 Firmware. Jellybean os contains lots of features like photosphere, new notification control, new Gmail, Calendar etc. This update is gonna be a lot easier than outer firmware updates. It is a click installation method of latest firmware. The entire procedure is noted below and before reading it gives thanks to the creator, xda developer. Without them we could not have got more out of our gadgets.
Caution: We are very much thankful to custom ROMs which are available for device to get which are not officially available. Here the update of Jellybean 4.1.2 on Sony table S is actually be done by flashing custom ROM on it. As per the user needs, the official update is still not announced for the device but who cares, when custom ROMs are there. But this require root access to make use of the update.
However, it is very much necessary to root the Sony Tablet S before updating. Since, it’s not the official one, so root the device and then apply. But, we all know rooting the devices losses its warranty and if you are well with it then go for it.
- Rooted Sony Tablet S
- Computer (Windows XP or Windos 7)
- Original USB Cable
- Make sure that all the data such as personal SMS, videos, photos, contacts, call logs, files or any apps present in phone must be backuped immediately
- Charge up your device and it must not be less then 60% otherwise it will shut down automatically during the rooting procedure
- Enable the USB Debugging by settings> application >development and tick out the USB Debugging box. Do not forget to untick when the rooting is finished
- Root checker app from Google Play store (to check the root access)
- Sony tablet S Upgrade tool (http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1593879&d=1356549007)
Procedure to Update Sony Tablet S with Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware
- First make sure your device is rooted and followed the above requirement.
- Now, download the Sony Tablet S upgrade tool in computer from here.
- After downloading the file, connect the device via USB cable and then click on the downloaded file.
- Next follow the instruction seen in screenshot. Once every thing is finished, the device will get rebooted of its own.
Well done, your Sony Tablet S is now upgraded with Jellybean 4.1.2. Check the firmware details from settings> about tablet and scroll down and have a look at the details mentioned.