LG Nexus 4 debut last year with two other gadgets with Jellybean for the first time. Now we have come up with the article to update it one step ahead. LG device are much popular for their outlooks. The LG Nexus 4 smartphone is updated with latest official Jellybean 4.2.2 JDQ39 firmware. Few countries haven’t received the update yet and this article is for them. Of course this release is by Google and only applicable to unlocked LG Nexus 4 models. Locked in the sense network lock. If it is unlocked then unlock by following the official website. Below in this article you will come across the requirements and procedure to update.
Caution: Since it’s an official JDQ39 update, the rooted Nexus 4 will get affected. The root access will get revoked and user will need to root the device again to enjoy the custom ROMs. On the better side, when the device is rinsed with official update the lost warranty is returned back. In other terms the device if got bricked then can get unbricked by applying the official update.
- LG Nexus 4 (rooted or unrooted)
- Computer (Windows XP or Windos 7)
- Original USB Cable
- Make sure that all the data such as personal SMS, videos, photos, contacts, call logs, files or any apps present in phone must be backuped immediately
- Charge up your device and it must not be less then 60% otherwise it will shut down automatically during the rooting procedure
- Enable the USB Debugging by settings> application >development and tick out the USB Debugging box. Do not forget to untick when the rooting is finished
- Jellybean 4.2.2 JDQ39 Firmware pack
- ROM Manager app from Google Play store
- ADB installed in computer
Procedure to Update Nexus 4 with Official Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware
- Fulfill the above requirements by backing up the data, charging the phone and enabling the USB Debugging. Make sure that you untick the USB Debugging box after the updation is finished. Go to next step.
- Now download the Jellybean 4.2.2 JDQ39 firmware pack in your computer from above download section. Do not unzip the package rather placing it as it is in fastboot folder. It is asked place it in root to get the zip file detected in recovery mode. If it is placed somewhere else then in recovery mode you could not find it.
- Now place the file in the SD card and detach the cable. After that go to ROM Manager app, launch it to enter device into recovery mode. In the other way press the VOL DOWN KEY + POWER BUTTON + VOL UP KEY. User get the choice of selecting the way to get to recovery mode.
- Make sure that the ADB is installed in your computer from android development site. Open the ADB and select apply update from adb and connect the device to computer via USB cable.
- Now open a command prompt and type “adb sideload de8b8d101614.signed-occam-JDQ39-from-JOP40D.de8b8d10.zip” (without inverted comma). Then hit enter.
- Wait for 4 minutes till the updating of device is finished. Automatically the device will get rebooted into normal mode. If it is stucked in the logo then for two seconds press the power button to shut it down and again gain press the power button for 2 seconds to power up.
- Now detach the cable and check weather the device is updated or not. To check settings> about tablet and scroll to see mentioned as Jellybean 4.2.2 JDQ39.
Congratulation, you have now learned the procedure to update Nexus 4 with Official Jellybean 4.2.2 firmware. If you have further doubts then do comment us to get help. Stay tune to Blogzamana for more details on android and do not forget to like our article in Google +, Facebook like, stumble and other.