In a previous article we informed about the latest XXU1ANE2 update of Android KitKat for the international variant of Samsung S5. This update brings about significant changes to the fingerprint sensor and camera and gallery apps like features of the smart phone. Owners of this smart phone can give their phone this update via OTA or KIES.
Those who have not received the notification for this update need not worry since we present to you a guide on how to manually update XXU1ANE2 Android KitKat 4.4.2 on your Galaxy S5.
This is an update for the Galaxy S5 model SM-G900F only and should not be tried on other variants.
Blogzamana will no way be responsible for any undesired changes or damage that may occur during the update. Users must do this at their own risk. However, it is very unlikely that any damage will occur during the process.
- Galaxy S5 model SM-G900F
- A computer
- A USB cable to connect the phone to the computer
- Back up all important files and data in your Galaxy device that you don’t want to lose.
- Install USB drivers for Galaxy S5 in your computer
- Enable the USB debugging option
- Make sure your Galaxy device is fully charged or carries at least 80% charge.
The following firmware should be downloaded to the computer:
- Android 4.4.2 XXU1ANE2 KitKat(http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/3/?download=29315)
- Odin v3.09(http://www.devfiles.co/download/CAHmXM6c/Odin_v3.09.zip)
- Unzip Odin in your computer.
- Unzip the Android firmware file inside the same folder as Odin.
- Install Odin on your computer. Then launch it.
- Switch off your Galaxy device and boot it in the download mode by holding down Volume down, Home and power buttons simultaneously.
- Connect the Galaxy device to the computer through a USB cable.
- Odin will display a message saying ‘Added’ if the connection is successful. If Odin does not detect your device, try through another port or re-install the USB drivers.
- After your device is detected by Odin, locate the XXU1ANE2 tar.md5 files to AP, BL,CP and CS. [highlight]Make sure to locate the AP file. You can ignore the others if you do not get them but locating to the AP file is a must.[/highlight]
- Uncheck the Re-partition box and click on Start for the flashing process to commence.
- After the Update process is fully completed, the ID: COM on Odin will turn green and Odin will display a PASS message.
- The Galaxy device will then restart and you can disconnect it from the computer.
And there you are done with updating your Samsung Galaxy S5 to the Android 4.4.2 XXU1ANE2 KitKat.
For more news, updates and rooting tips,keep visiting blogzamana.