Great news for all HTC desire Smartphone users. Now they can update their Smartphones with the unofficial ParanoidAndroid Custom ROM which is based on both CyanogenMod & AOSP. Post update, your device will be laden with a number of extravagant features that include new status and navigation bar, pie, hover, peek, legacy, PA wallpapers, cLock, CM themes, omniswitch, omnitorch, quick setting in tiles & advanced power menu. Also the features include tweaks that will augment the overall performance of your device with superior battery life and faster scroll liabilities.
However, some features like MMS, Video & Screen recording, Open VPN & Selinux are not working in the update since it’s in Beta version. But other features like are functioning properly. This update is of 250 MB and hence all users are recommended to use WiFi while downloading to avoid unnecessary wastage of your Mobile data. Remember, this is an unofficial update. So we at BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any sort of issues that may arise with your Smartphone during the update. So do all at your own risk.
- HTC One Mini
- Windows PC
- Original USB Cable
- Backup all your personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files in case they might lose.
- Deactivate the antivirus or any other security protection from your PC for the time since that might create hindrance in the installation process.
- Ensure that your device have at least 70% power back up before you initiate the installation process to avoid any sort of inconvenience during the installation.
- Enable the USB debugging option in your Smartphone. To enable go to Settings-> Applications-> Development-> Click on USB debugging. Forget not to disable USB Debugging post update.
- ParanoidAndroid 4.5 custom ROM (http://goo.gl/wTXO0i)
- Slim Gapps (http://goo.gl/ADedcX)
Steps to Update
- As a first step towards the update you have to move your device into recovery mode. To do so, first switch it off and press and hold the volume down+power button. You will be taken to the hboot/bootloader mode. Then use the volume button to enter into recovery mode.
- In that mode select wipe data factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvick cache options from recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device. Then reboot your device.
- Then download the Custom ROM and Slim gapps files from the links stated above. Move both the files to the SD Card of your device.
- Next you have to flash the Custom ROM and install the A2SD to select Y/N/N.
- After flash the slim gapps and next clear cache from your device using the first two steps again.
- Now reboot your Smartphone into normal mode.
That’s it. Now you have successfully installed the ParanoidAndroid 4.5 Custom ROM in your HTC Desire device. The steps are easy and can be followed abrupt. In case of any issues, don’t forget to ping back via the comment section. I shall find out a solution for you.