Dear readers! You must have remembered that just a few days ago I had let you know that the Xiaomi Mi 3 & Mi 4 smartphones got updated with the MIUI 6 developer ROM. I had also guided you through the steps to update your device with latest MIUI 6 developer ROM. Later I again informed you the steps to downgrade your Xiomi Mi 3 & Mi 4 devices from MIUI 6 Developer ROM to MIUI 5 base ROM. But the users who are still dealing with the MIUI 6 developer ROM, I have brought a good news for them. In fact, post update of their Xiaomi device to MIUI 6 developer ROM, their Smartphone is laden with some benevolent features and we today we shall discuss on one of those features.
You guys are running the the MIUI 6 ROM on your device. Right? Then you might want to create a full back up of your device! But how? Of course, to create a back up on your Smartphone device we take help of a third party app from the Play Store. In this case, you can also do that. There are hundreds of good apps on the Play Sore that will create a back up for your Xiaomi Smartphone within a few minutes. But problem is that you have to purchase a good app for that since the apps that are available free of cost are not up to mark. In these circumstances, you might get worried what to do. Right?
But don’t worry guys. I have a solution to your problem. Since you have already updated your Smartphone to the MIUI 6 developer ROM, so you can use its in-built feature to create a full back-up for your device. What you have to do is just follow the below given steps, create a free account to activate the back up feature in your device and within few minutes you will be able to create a full back up for you Smartphone without any help of the third party apps. Just have a look.
Steps to Create Full backup for Xiaomi Mi 3 and Mi 4 on MIUI 6
- First of all go to the Settings page and click on the Backup and Reset option. You will be directed to a new page. On that page click on the Local Backup feature.
- Now on the next page you have to register for your MI account. Enter you mail id/phone number and create your account.
- Post registration, you can see the Backup option on the screen of your device. Tap on it to start.
- In the next page, choose the file that you want to create back up for. If you are creating backup for the first time, then you have to select all the files and then click the Backup button to initiate the backup process.
- The backup process will begin now and will take some time as per the size of the data on your device.
- You will see the Backup complete massage on the screen of your device post completion of the backup.
That’s it! Now you have successfully created full backup for your Xiaomi Mi 3 & Mi 4 Smartphone. You can easily restore your data at time of need. In case of any issues, get back to me via the comment section.