In my previous article I informed how to root Sony XPeria M, the younger brother of Sony Xperia C on Android 4.4.2 Jelly Bean and now it’s time to skip to Sony XPeria C [C2305], the other giant of XPeria family. Rooting this device is as easy as the previous one and also following the same procedure you can root the Nokia X, X+ & XL Android Phones via which Nokia put steps into the Android market. However, hovering eye over features of the device ensures that the Smartphone is quite fatty in features as it supports dual SIM, one 5″ TFT Display with 16mm colors, Android 4.4.2 jelly Bean OS, 8MP Camera with LED flash, Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A7 processor and many more.
If you are one of the proud owners of a Sony XPeria C [C2305] and wants to root your device on Android 4.4.2 jelly bean, then this article will support you on this a lot. Just follow the below given steps and within no time you shall be done with the rooting of your device. But before that you need to fulfill certain requirements as stated below, that are essential for your device.
Remember that rooting will void the warranty of your device, but will permit to use root accessed apps from Play store. You can also apply custom ROMs further to enhance the credibility of your Smartphone device. Any damage or brick of the device is not the responsibility of BlogZamana, so do rooting very carefully. In case you fail to root then share your views in comment area.
- One Sony Xperia C Smartphone
- A Windows PC
- One original USB cable
- Charge the battery if power is less than 80% to avoid unexpected device shut down.
- Backup of personal data such as SMS, Contacts, videos, call logs & other files because in rooting procedure the data are wiped out.
Steps to root Sony Xperia M
- First of all download the rooting package , for your Sony Xperia C Smartphone and save the files to desktop.
- Now go to the Settings panel of your device and enable USB Debugging.
- Now connect your Mobile phone to your PC via USB cable. (USB drives must have been installed in your PC before. Else go to the official website of Sony and download & Install the Sony M drivers in your Smartphone).
- After move the rooting package to your device.
- You can disconnect your Smartphone from your PC now.
- Now go to the File Manager section in your phone and search for the framaroot.apk, there.
- After locating, click the framaroot.apk, file. You will be prompted with two root exploits i.e. “Aragorn” and “Gandalf”.
- Click on “Gandalf” and the exploit will be installed on your device. Wait still the installation completes.
- Now reboot your Sony XPeria C Smartphone to get your device rooted.
Wow!! Now you are done with rooting of Sony Xperia C. The device will take some time to reboot (almost 5 mins). Once your device restarts, it will resume with complete root access and will multiply your enjoyment to many extent. Still you face any issue? Don’t worry. Share your issue in the comment section and you will get a feedback instantly.