Sony Xperia Z2 is one of the latest & feature-enriched Smartphones from Sony Mobiles. From specification point of view, the device is quite lucrative and if you want t make the features in the device more high end, then of course you will want to root it. If you have a new Sony Xperia Z2, here we bring you a step-by-step guide to root your Sony Xperia Z2 Smartphone and install CWM Recovery in it. Kudos to the XDA Developers member DooMLoRD who brought us this rooting guide. But to root your Xperia Z2 Smartphone, at first you have to Unlock its Bootloader. After you can follow the below guide o Root Sony Xperia Z2 and Install CWM Recovery.
Remember that the tutorial is exclusively meant for the Sony Xperia Z2 Smartphone and using it in other devices might create serious concerns for you. So double check the Name and model of your device before starting the unlocking process. You can check the details in the About Device section with the Settings panel. What you do is your own responsibility and BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any sort of brick or damage occurs to your device during the rooting/installation process.
- A rooted Samsung Galaxy S5 SM G900F device
- Original Data Cable
- One System/Laptop
- Back up of all important data
- Enable the USB Debuggiing Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section.
- At least 60% battery back up in your Galaxy Smartphone to avoid any untoward situation during installation.
Steps to Install CWM Recovery in Sony Xperia Z2
- Before installation, ensure that the Bootloader of Smartphone has been unlocked. Find here, how to unlock bootloader on your Sony Xperia Z2 Smartphone device.
- Now extract the prior downloaded folder to the desktop.
- Connect your Smartphone to Your PC via USB cable.
- In the extracted folder, you will find a number of files. Search for the ’1-click-CWM-recovery-installer.bat’ file and click Run.
- Simply follow the instructions like Press any key to continue displayed on your screen and wait for some time. Soon, the file will be flashed on your device.
You can disconnect your phone from your PC once the CWM file is installed. Now follow the further guideline to root your Sony Xperia Z2 device.
Guideline to to root Sony Xperia Z2
- After installing the CWM recovery on your phone, download the latest SuperSU update.zip file from here. Transfer the file to a different folder in the internal / external SD Card of your device.
- Now boot your Xperia Z2 into recovery mode. Do this after switching off your device and pressing the Volume Up Key.
- After the device goes into recovery mode, flash the supersu update.zip file in your SD card. To do so, select Install zip => Choose zip from sdcard => select the UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.xx.zip.
- Wait for sometime still finishes the flashing and now reboot your device from recovery main menu.
Congratulations! You have successfully rooted your Sony Xperia Z2 device. If you find anything problematic in the rooting procedure, don’t forget to put your concerns in the comment section.