Samsung has rolled out the UltimaAOSP Custom update for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. Users of this handset can now update their phones with this KitKat version to get the a number of features. This update is a sure treat for owners of this smart phone with all the changelogs it brings. With a 4.8-inch display, this phone is not just great for gaming; it also has one of the best cameras as compared to other phones of that range.
Blogzamana will no way be responsible for any unwanted change or damage caused to your device in the process of updating. You should follow the steps fully at your own risk. However, it is not likely that any damage will be caused in the process.
- Galaxy S3 GT-I9300
- A computer
- A USB cable to connect the phone to the computer
- All important date and files of your Galaxy device should be provided a good back-up before this update.
- The USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 should be downloaded and installed in the computer.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following the steps given:Menu > Settings > Applications
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options.
- It is utmost important to recovery tool during rooting procedures. ClockworkMod Recovery like tools should be preferred in order to flash the ROM zip and Google apps zip files on your phone
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 80% charge.
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat UltimaAOSP custom ROM (ultimarom.com)
- Google Apps package (www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=10238)
- Connect your Galaxy S3 with the computer using a USB cable.
- Then, transfer the 4.4.2 KitKat UltimaAOSP Custom ROM zip file and Google Apps package to the SD card of the S3 GT-I9300 from the downloaded files in your computer.
- Next, switch off your smart phone.
- You can now disconnect your Galaxy S3 device form the computer.
- Now, boot it in the Recovery mode by pressing and holding down the Volume up, Home and power buttons simultaneously till the screen appears.
- Next, choose the ‘wipe cache partition’ option from the main menu of the Galaxy device.
- Then choose ‘install zip from SD card’ and search for the 4.4.2 KitKat UltimaAOSP Custom ROM zip file and the Google Apps package from the SD card of your smart phone.
- Install them on your S3 set.
- Finally, return to the main menu of your Galaxy S3 and choose the ‘Reboot Now’ option
Thus, you have now updated your Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 to 4.4.2 KitKat UltimaAOSP Custom ROM.
Do not forget to disable USB debugging option after you are done with updating.