The LTE variant of the Samsung Galaxy S4 devices now can be flashed to the Android 4.4.4 Nightly OmniROM. The OmniROM custom build is based on Android 4.4.4 KitKat AOSP. At the same time the Custom ROM too features Paranoid Android, CyanogenMod & AOKP components. Apart, your device will also get benefited with additional features that have been developed by the OMNI developers. Now let’s have a look on the below given step-by-step procedures to update your Smartphone to the 4.4.4 Nightly ROM. But before that fill the given pre-requirements.
Make sure to double check the Name and model number of your device before starting the installation since the procedure is only meant for the Galaxy S4 LTE Smartphone. Using the process on other devices might hard brick your device or create bugs in it. Be sure that BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any sort of issues like Bugs, Brick of device or Dead SD Card, if your device experiences any during the installation process. So make sure what you do is on your own risk.
- One Galaxy S4 LTE Smartphone. Ensure that your device has been both rooted and runs the latest CWM or TWRP custom Recovery build. This guide is compatible with both the Custom ROMs.
- Original Data Cable
- One PC loaded with Galaxy S4 LTE drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in Android your device since the update process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your Galaxy S4 LTE Smartphone to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- Custom ROM Firmware (http://goo.gl/mGl4Us)
- Google Apps Package (http://goo.gl/tjAc4M)
Steps to Update
- First of all download the Custom ROM Firmware and Google Apps Package on your PC and place those on the desktop. No need of unzipping the files.
- Now connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB Cable and move both the files to your phone. Unplug your device.
- Now move your Smartphone into CWM/TWRP Custom recovery mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume up+Home+ Power button together still the Samsung Logo flash two times. Now your device will enter into recovery mode. In recovery mode, use the volume key to swipe through options.
- Now you need to create a NANDROID Backup for your device. This step is a must since it will create a complete ROM restore point which you can use to restore to previous ROM if the new ROM doesn’t boot in normal mode. To do so CWM recovery users select backup and restore and TWRP recovery users press Backup. After name the file and press Confirm.
- Now Factory Reset your device. To do so CWM recovery users select wipe data/factory reset and the TWRP recovery users press Wipe. After confirm the Factory reset process.
- Now it’s time to flash the Android 4.4.4 Nightly OmniROM on your S4 LTE device. To flash the new ROM, the CWM Recovery users select Install zip and then choose the .zip file from sdcard’. The TWRP recovery users press Install and choose the .zip file from SDcard. Now confirm installation and wait the installation to finish.
- After Install the Google Apps Package following the same process.
- Each flashing process will take from 4-5 minutes. Have patience still the whole process completes successfully. Finally return to the main menu and select “reboot system now” and now your device will be rebooted with the new OS.
In case your device stucks in bootloop sequence, then you have to turn off your device and begin the update from the first following the same steps. To turn off your device, reinsert your battery or long press the Power button.Else you can also return to the previous ROM after using the Restore Point you have created earlier.
Congrats!! Now you have successfully flashed the Android 4.4.4 Nightly OmniROM on Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE Smartphone. In case you find any issues in the updation process, feel free to get back to us for a solution via the comment section.