Getting updated so many times is pathetic but it keeps you updated at least your phone. If you handle a Galaxy Note then here is the chance to update the device with Jellybean 4.1.2 and the firmware is dubbed as XXLT4. This is the official update and is dispatched from Samsung only. There is no hand of third party developer and this update will revoke the root access. Which means the user need to root the device on XXLT4 firmware and we will come with it soon.
There are certain change logs associated with the XXLT4 Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware like fastest system performance, camera quality improved and few bugs fixed. Have a look at the requirmenst then jump over to get the procedure to update N7000 with the latest official update.
- Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 (rooted or unrooted)
- Windows PC (XP or Windows 7)
- Original USB cable
- Computer installed with latest Samsung KIES
- Backup all your personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files in case of loss
- Make sure the phone has 40% battery to avoid automatic shut down during updation
- Enable the USB Debugging by Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging and tick the box. Also untick the box when all work is done because of security reasons
- Official XXLT4 Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware (http://bit.ly/128v9S8)
- Odin (http://bit.ly/ZMxi1F)
Procedure to update Galaxy Note N7000 with official XXLT4 Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware
- First is to remove the caches in the Galaxy Note N7000 in recovery mode. To do you need to switch off the phone and press VOL UP KEY+ MIDDLE BUTTON+ POWER BUTTON and release it when the Samsung logo appears on screen. Then select wipe cache partition and wipe data/ factory rest. Then select reboot system now to boot in normal mode.
- Keep the phone aside and its time to download both the Official XXLT4 Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware and Odin from above link to your computer. With the help of suitable software like WinRAR or 7 Zip extract the zip file and place them in desktop to find them easily.
- Then double click on the Odin execution file to launch it and on the other hand take your phone and switch it off. Then press hold the VOL DOWN KEY+ MIDDLE BUTTON+ POWER BUTTON to enter in download mode. Now connect the device to computer. The ID:COM box turns yellow in Odin panel. If not then you might not have upgraded the software.
- Then select PDA option in odin panel and go to tar file and select it and then hit the Start in panel. Sit for 4 minutes to get the device officially update with Jellybean 4.1.2 XXLT4 and then the device will automatically reboot to normal mode. A Pass message will appear on screen then you must unplug the cable and check the update firmware by taping on settings> about phone> firmware.
- You think you got stuck in the Samsung logo then long press the power button to switch off the phone and again press back to power up and boot in normal mode. If these also don’t work then take off the battery and again reinsert it and then press the power button.
Well, congratulations you have just learned the procedure to update Galaxy Note N7000 with official XXLT4 Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware. Stay connected to Blogzamana to root the device on XXLT4 Jellybean 4.1.2 firmware.