Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 has received the update and it is based on Jellybean 4.1.2. The update is XXEMB5 build and which brings lot of bug fixes. There are several custom ROMs of this band is waiting to get update on Galaxy S3. So, update it right away by following the article.
Samsung Galaxy S3 is a one of the popular model of year 2012 and running successfully. It has several features that are tempting such as camera, Android beam, brightness automatic off, S-Voice natural language commands and dictation,Simultaneous HD video and image recording. And it uses 21 mbps internet and for special sale it has 4G model. Recently the Samsung Galaxy Mini has launched and it has same features but few are varying. Anyways the device is powered by Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9 processor and chipset of Exynos 4412 Quad.
This will be the official update for Samsung Galaxy S3 and which means revoke of root access is sure. if you already rooted your device then it is best chance to treat it with original stock ROM. If the device is bricked then you also can update the device with to unbrick it.
Note that this is the update to be done through Odin process, so need to remove the caches. Caches can be removed in recovery mode only. To take the device to recovery mode, one has to switch off the device completely. Then press and hold few buttons like VOL UP KEY+ HOME + POWER BUTTON all together for 2 seconds. Then release your fingers and select Wipe cache partition and wipe data/factory reset. Go back and select reboot system now.
Now download the files and go to the procedure to update the Galaxy S3 model.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300
- Windows PC(Windows XP or Windows 7)
- Original USB cable
- Backup of all files present in phone, not through KIES. The files includes SMS, Contacts, call logs, applications, MMS, APN passords etc.
- Make sure the battery has much power which emans 40% is enough or more to remain awake through out the update.
- Enable the USB Debugging by Settings > Applications > Development > and tick the box and do not forget to untick later because for security problem
- Jellybean 4.1.2 XXEMB5 Firmware zip file (http://bit.ly/16m0RgJ)
- Odin (http://bit.ly/14sZMoJ)
Procedure to Update Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 with Jellybean 4.1.2 XXEMB5 firmware:
- You have already done your wiping of data cache and factory reset. And now you must concentrate on downloading the two files from given link in download section.
- After downloading both the files, just extract them with software available on internet and place them in desktop to find them easily when required.
- Now switch off the device and press the VOL DOWN KEY+ HOME+ POWER BUTTON all together to land the device in download mode. Well get ready with your mobile phone, attach the USB cable.
- Click on Odin execution file to open the panel and then plug in the USB cable. When the it is attached, the ID:COM box turns yellow indicating the device got detected by the Odin. If this doesn’t happen then you might not have enable the KIES or upgraded the KIES.
- Click to select PDA and chose the tar file that was extracted in step 2. Then click on Start to initiate the update process. This will take few minutes near about 3 or 4, then the phone get rebooted automatically.
- You can now unplug the cable and check the firmware update through settings> about phone and scroll down to see the XXEMB5 mentioned build.
Congratulations, you have now learned the procedure to update the Samsung Galaxy S3 GT I9300 Jellybean 4.1.2 XXEMB5 firmware to fix bugs.