The official 5.0.1 Lollipop update is now available for Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE GT-I9505 Smartphone. This latest software update is dubbed as XXUHOC5 and has been released for the Galaxy S4 users of Tunisia and UAE. This official Android 5.0.1 release will add a number of superior features in your Galaxy handset and will make you introduced to the new Android Lollipop features. Not only amazing Lollipop goodies, but also it adds other features that you can personally realize only after flashing the firmware to your Galaxy Smartphone.
The software updates is being rolled over the air and if you are not fortunate enough to get the update via OTA, then you can flash this firmware by the following manual update method. Remind you again that this is an official update and by any means if the device is rooted then it gets revoked.
Caution: Though it’s an official update, the silly mistake done by you can affect your device. It’s great to take the responsibility of any damage by yourself. There is no such guarantee that the information will work 100 percent. If you face any problem, we will try to help you to overcome.
- One Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500
- One Computer (Windows XP or Windows 7)
- Original USB Cable
- Install Galaxy S4 drivers on your PC and update through internet from official site. This is very important the drivers must be used to make the device successfully attached to your Smartphone via USB.
- Disable any antivirus program if you are running on both your Smartphone and PC.
- Make a complete back up of your handset including the device data such as all MS, Contacts, call logs, MMS, videos, songs, apps, APN passwords and other files, since the update might erase all data from your device.
- Make sure that the Smartphone has at least 60% battery back up to avoid shut down during updation.
Procedure to update Galaxy S4 LTE with official Lollipop firmware
- First make sure you met with the above requirements such as battery charged, installed the required software and made a complete backup of your device.
- Then extract the firmware.zip file that you downloaded in the previous step and place it on the desktop of your computer.
- Now turn off your handset &land it into download mode by long press-holding the VOL DOWN KEY+ HOME+POWER Button. Then again press the volume key when a warning massage appears on the screen of your Smartphone.
- Now double click on Odin to launch it and then connect the device to your PC via USB cable. When the device gets detected by Odin, the pass message appears. If this doesn’t happen then you must not have upgraded the Samsung KIES from the official Samsung website. After it’s done properly, the Odin ID:COM box turns yellow and then move to the next step.
- Click PDA in Odin and the select the .tar.md5 file from the extracted folder.
- Then click on start to flash the firmware. Wait for few minutes and a PASS message appears confirming the flashed update.
That’s it! You are all done with the update. Inn case you face any issues in the flashing procedure then feel free to ping us your issues in the comment section. We assure you to try for a solution. Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 is a phone that became popular among users for its high-end features and specifications. If you want to get in more updates on custom ROMs or firmware updates then do not forget to visit our site.