The Samsung Galaxy S4 users should rejoice now. It’s so because soon the Smartphone will start receiving the latest Android 5.0 official Lollipop update. The update is assumed to roll for the devices by early next month. Best part of the update will be the improved Touch WIZ interface and the Lollipop features that generally comes under the nexus range of Smartphone devices. So it’s a win-win situation for the Samsung Galaxy S4 users. While this is an official update and will be made available through OTA, you can also update it manually using the below given step-by-step guide. Now let’s take a quick look on the pre-requisites for this update.
Being the official update, the rooted phones will get void and users have to root the device again. The update will be made available on OTA and Kies. BlogZamana will not be responsible for any damage of phone during Odin update.
- Samsung Galaxy S4
- Computer with USB cable and internet connectivity
- Backup of all data in your Smartphone using apps or computer
- Charge up the phone to fully battery because it shouldn’t get stopped during update
- Enable the USB debugging in developer option in setting
- Android 5.0 Lollipop Firmware
- Odin 3.09
Procedure to update Samsung Galaxy S4 with Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware
- First download both the files from above in your computer and extract those to the desktop of your PC.
- Then run odin by hitting the execution file in computer and on the other hand switch off the phone.
- Take the phone and press the Volume down+ home+ power button together to put the device in download mode.
- The warning message get flashed, now press the volume up button.
- Connect the phone via USB cable and in the odin panel the message box flashes with added message. Make sure the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are checked.
- Click on the PDA/AP button and choose the tar file from the extracted firmware folder and click on start. Wait for few minutes and when the pass message appears, detach the cable. The phone will automatically get rebooted.
- If you get into the bootloop sequence and the smartphone is not starting up in 10 minutes, then put the device in recovery mode and factory reset and wipe out all the cache. Then reboot it again to enjoy the latest firmware.
Congratulations, you have learnt the process to update your Samsung Galaxy S4 to the latest Android 5.0 Lollipop official update. For more updates stay connected to BlogZamana.