While all major Samsung handsets of Galaxy Series are receiving the newest Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware, there is another device recently added to the list. It’s the Samsung Galaxy S5 SC-04F. Following the below given manual update method, the users can flash the new Android 5.0 official Lollipop firmware to their Galaxy S5 Smartphones. The firmware build is named as OMU1WOEA and is also being rolled via OTA in Japan. But as usual it may take some time to reach your handset.
Being the official update, the rooted phones will get void and the users have to root their device again. The update is available on Wifi and Kies. BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any damage of your phone during Odin update.
- Samsung Galaxy S5
- Computer with USB cable and internet connectivity
- Backup of all data in your Smartphone using apps or computer
- Charge up the phone to fully battery because it shouldn’t get stopped during update
- Enable the USB debugging in developer option in setting
Procedure to update Galaxy S5 with Android 5.0 Lollipop firmware
- First download the above mentioned in your PC and extract them on your desktop.
- Then run odin in your PC by hitting the execution file and on then switch off your phone.
- Take the phone and press the Volume down+ home+ power button together to put the handset into download mode.
- A warning message gets flashed, now press the volume up button. Now your handset will land absolutely in download mode.
- Connect the phone to your PC via USB and in the Odin panel one message box will flash with an added message. Make sure the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time” options are checked.
- Click on the PDA/AP button in Odin and choose the tar file from the extracted firmware folder and click on start. Wait for few minutes and when the pass message appears, detach the cable. The phone will automatically get rebooted.
- If you get into the bootloop sequence and the smartphone is not starting up in 10 minutes, then put the device in recovery mode and factory reset and wipe out all cache. Then reboot it again to enjoy the latest firmware.
That’s all to be followed in the procedure. If your Smartphone successfully reboots, then you have properly updated your Samsung Galaxy S5 SC-04F with the official Android 5.0 Lollipop OMU1WOEA Firmware. For more updates stay connected to BlogZamana.