Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 Lite is one of the popular devices that was launched in April 2013 with a 4.o inch TFT touchscreen, with 16M colors and supported a resolution of 480 x 800 pixels with ~233 ppi pixel density. The Smartphone came powered by a Dual-core 1.2 GHz processor and supported a 32GB microSD slot. The device came powered by the Android OS, v4.1 Jelly Bean OS which can now be further upgraded to the newest official Android 4.4.4 KitKat. Of course, the device has already received a couple of updated before. But this update will be all the way more powerful as it’s going to add a number of features to the Changelog and sort out all the security and bug fixes on the Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 Lite.
Reportedly, the update is being rolled in a number of countries across the globe and is being rolled Over The air. Soon you will receive a notification on the update on your Galaxy Trend 2 Lite and you can flash it by downloading and installing it as per the given instructions. However, a second update method is also there as mentioned below which also can be followed to flash this new firmware on your device. But to initiate that update process, you need to read and understand the steps and requirements properly. Just have a look on those.
Forget not to twice check the Name and model number of your Smartphone by going to the About Device section of your Smartphone before starting the update as this update is only meant for the Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 Lite with the model number SM-G318ML. Using this tutorial in other devices or even in other models of same series of Smartphones might harm your device vigorously. Keep in mind that BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any issues, Bugs, Bricked devices or Dead SD Card, if your device experiences any during the installation process. What you do is on your own risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 Lite SM-G318ML Smartphone.
- Original Data Cable.
- One PC preloaded with Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 Lite drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device. Follow Settings> Developer Options> USB Debugging.
- Back Up all important data in Android your device since the update process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 70% to 80% power back up on your Samsung Galaxy Trend 2 Lite to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat Firmware
- Odin flash tool
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned files and then extract the Android KitKat file to the desktop of your PC.
- Next switch off your Galaxy Trend 2 Lite and move it into download mode by long press & hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom+Power Button. Press the Volume Up button to continue as soon as you see a warning triangle sign on your display.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB.
- After select the PDA/AP button on ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to begin the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS message on the ODIN screen with green backdrop, once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your Smartphone from the PC when your device restarts. It will take around 5-10 minutes of time.
That’s all you need to do. Once your handset restarts, know that you have successfully implemented the procedure. Following the given procedure, you must not face any issues in the update process. Still you faced any issues, feel free to use the comment section. I am always here to assist you.