As the heading goes, the Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 can now be updated to Android KitKat 4.4.2 based fusion software for your smart phone. To those who have no idea what a fusion-based firmware is about, it is an excellent firmware built for the purpose of providing brilliant performance and battery life. The fusion firmware is stuffed with all amazing features any smart phone can ask for. Being based on pure AOSP and SlimROM sources, the list of features it serves is unending and extremely essential as well as smart.
To be precise, these are the features that impart ‘smartness’ to your smart phones. Recents Rambar, navigation bars by SlimROMs, App side bar, networks traffics meter, scroll animations, double tap to sleep features, On-the-Go etc, etc are a few from the list of features Fusion SP custom ROM brings with it. This article will help you update your Galaxy s3 I9300 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat using
Blogzamana will no way be responsible for any unwanted change or damage caused to your device in the process of updating. You should follow the steps fully at your own risk. However, it is not likely that any damage will be caused in the process.
- All important date and files of your Galaxy device should be provided a good back-up before this update.
- The USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 should be downloaded and installed in the computer.
- The USB debugging option should be enabled by following Menu > Settings > Applications
- To ensure if your USB debugging is enabled, navigate and tap on Developer Options.
- It is utmost important to recovery tool during rooting procedures. ClockworkMod Recovery like tools should be preferred in order to flash the ROM zip and Google apps zip files on your phone
- Most importantly keep your phone battery fully charged. If it is not fully charged, at least maintain a minimum of 75% charge.
To begin with the update, you will need to download and save the following files in your computer.
- FusionSP custom Firmware (https://shared.com/z06t4onyf7?s=di)
- Google Apps from the web
Procedure to Update Your Galaxy S3 I9300
- The Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 should be connected to your computer using USB cable and then the downloaded files should be copied to the SD card of the device
- Now, take out the USB cable from the computer to terminate the connection of your Galaxy device with the PC.
- Switch off your Galaxy device for a few minutes now.
- Switch it on to custom recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume up, Volume down and the power button all at the same time until the Samsung logo appears on the screen. Release the keys for a few minutes before you work with them again.
- Now, the volume keys can be used to scroll and the power button can be used to select.
- Alternatively, the Quick Boot App can be used to reboot the android device in recovery mode. To download the Quick Boot App, follow the link below:
- The nandroid back up of the current ROM should be carried out now by following Back up and Restore à Backup
- After the back up process is complete, return to your main recovery menu. This step is very important for getting back to current OS.
- Now, perform the data wiping tasks by following wipe data/factory reset > Yes
- Then, select wipe cache partition and tap on Advancedà wipe Dalvik cache.
- Now, from the SD card, install zip and then follow it up by choosing zip from SD card.
- You can locate the Android 4.4.2 based Fusion SP custom ROM file, that was copied earlier from here and select it.
- Next tap on YES to confirm the installation and wait till it is complete.
- After the installation process is complete, repeat the above step and choose the GApps file this time to install the Google Apps package in your s3 device.
- Finally, you have to return to the recovery menu and select reboot system now option to boot up into the newly installed KitKat-based FusionSP firmware. This step can take a bit of time.
In case you find any issues in the updation process, feel free to get back to us via the comment section.