We have pretty good news for the Huawei P20 Pro (CLT-L09, CLT-L29) (Charlotte) users. Users of this device can now experience the complete Android 8.1 Oreo OS on their device as a new ROM called Oreo LineageOS has been made available for them. The ROM has been introduced by XDA Developer LuK1337 and it’s a combination of power, performance and features. The new ROM will enable your Smartphone fit for customization.
But to start flashing this new Custom ROM to your Huawei P20 Pro (CLT-L09, CLT-L29) (Charlotte), you need to be an advanced Android user. If you are a newbie, then you also have to follow the below given guide and then only proceed for the update.
NB: Before starting the update, you must root your Huawei P20 Pro (CLT-L09, CLT-L29) (Charlotte) and install the latest TWRP Recovery Image on it. This is a must, else the update will be unsuccessful. Your Smartphone must run the Stock Android OS to carry on this update.
- Huawei P20 Pro
- One Windows PC
- Original USB Cable
- Backup all your personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, contacts, call logs, APN numbers, applications and other files since those might be erased during the update.
- Deactivate any antivirus or any other security apps if you have installed on your PC for the time since that might create hindrance in the installation process.
- Ensure that your Smartphone has at least 60% power back up before you start the installation to avoid inconvenience.
- Enable the USB debugging option on your Smartphone. To enable go to Settings. Forget not to disable the USB Debugging post update.
- Android 8.1 Oreo LineageOS 15.1 ROM
- Gapps (Search from Google)
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB. After move both the files to the SD card of your device.
- Now you need to move your Huawei P20 Pro (CLT-L09, CLT-L29) (Charlotte) into recovery mode.
- In Recovery mode, select “wipe data/factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache” options from Recovery mode menu to wipe data and clear cache from your device.
- Now you need to flash the Custom ROM file on your Huawei P20 Pro. To do that click on Install .zip from SD card and then select the Custom ROM file that you moved to your SD Card in step 1. Then click Install and follow the screen instructions to flash the ROM on your device.
- Follow the same procedure to install Gapps next.
- Wait still the update finishes. Once finished, return to the Main menu and click “Reboot System Now”. Your Huawei P20 Pro will be rebooted into normal mode once the update is finished.
That’s it. Now you have learnt the update process. Following the steps, you will easily wrap up the update. In case of any issues, ping me back in the comment section. Also inform me what are the added features you see in your device post update.