The Samsung Galaxy S8+ SM-G955F is now receiving the official Android 8.0.0 Oreo update in Poland, Spain and South Africa. The firmware is dubbed as Oreo G955FXXU4CRJ5 and is supposed to roll to the other corners of the globe soon. As the update is rolled Over The Air, so it might hit the notification panel of your Smartphone at anytime. So keep checking the notification panel of your Smartphone to get the update notification.
Once you get the update notification, click on it to download and follow the instructions appearing on your Smartphone screen to complete the update process. But if you are an advanced Android developer and love tweaking your handset, then you can follow the manual update method as explained here. But before that make sure to meet the pre-requirements.
- One Samsung Galaxy S8+ SM-G955F Smartphone
- Original USB Cable
- One PC pre-loaded with Samsung Galaxy S8+ SM-G955F drivers.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your Smartphone.
- Back Up all important data in your Android Smartphone since the update will erase all your data.
- Keep at least 50% power back up on your Samsung Galaxy S8+ SM-G955F to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned files and extract the Android 8.0.0 Oreo G955FXXU4CRJ5 Firmware.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Samsung Galaxy S8+ SM-G955F and boot it into download mode.
- Now launch Odin on your PC and connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue with the COM PORT Number & an Added Massage in the below left corner of the handset, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select “PDA” from ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that the “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset” Time checkboxes are ticked in ODIN & the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check Settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see a PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop hitning that the flashing procedure is complete. Disconnect your Smartphone from your PC when your device restarts.
The update process will take around 4-5 minutes and your Samsung Galaxy S8+ SM-G955F will reboot automatically after the update. Wait still the update finishes.
That’s it!! You have successfully flashed the new firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S8+ SM-G955F. Enjoy!! In case of any issues, ping me in the comment section.