The Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ users in the United States can now flash the Android 9 (Pie) G965USQU3CSAB firmware to their Smartphone. The update is specially meant for the Verizon users and comes with the product code VZW. The update carries the security updates and some brand new features that purposes to stabilize the performance of your handset.
The update is tolled Over the Air and hence users in the United States will get the update notification on their Smartphone. Once they get the notification, they can download the firmware and follow the onscreen instructions to complete the flashing. In case they miss the OTA, they can follow the alternate method called Manual update procedure.
Double check the Name and model of your handset before the update since it’s only meant for the said device. Using the firmware on other devices might brick your Smartphone or even create bugs in it. BlogZamana will never be blamed for any issues or bugs if found in your device due to the update. So what you do is your own risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9+ Smartphone
- Original USB Cable
- One PC pre-loaded with Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9+ drivers.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all data in your Smartphone since the update will erase all your data.
- Keep at least 50% battery back up on your Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
Steps to Update
- At first download the above mentioned two files and extract the Android 9 G965USQU3CSAB.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9+ and then boot it into download mode.
- Now launch Odin on your PC and connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue with the COM PORT Number & an Added Massage in the below left corner of the handset, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select “PDA” from ODIN and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset” Time checkboxes are ticked in ODIN & the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check Settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see a PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop ensuring that the update is complete. Disconnect your Smartphone from PC when your device restarts.
The update process will take almost 4-5 minutes and your Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9+ Smartphone will reboot automatically after the update. Wait still the update finishes.
That’s it!! You have successfully flashed the new firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9+ Smartphone. Enjoy!! In case of any issues, ping me in the comment section. I am always there to find out a solution for you.