The Verizon Galaxy S4 is at this moment receiving the newly rolled Android 5.0.1 Lollipop StageFright security Update. Reportedly, the existing firmware build in the Verizon Galaxy S4 was incompetent from security point of view. The security issue hampered because anyone who got a MMS video from your mobile and opening it could easily get access to the data in your Smartphone device. This was a most claimed issue that needed immediate attention and finally Samsung has managed to dig out a solution to this issue after rolling a new security update.
The update is code named as Android 5.0.1 Lollipop StageFright update and carries the build name I545VRUGOF1. The update is at hand being rolled via OTA in the United States. So might get it at any point of time. But if you want to deviate from this security concern, then you can follow the below given manual update method to flash this firmware on your Galaxy S4 handset. But before that take a look on the below given pre-requirements.
Caution: Though it’s an official update, the silly mistake done by you can affect your device. It is great to take the responsibility of any damage yourself. There is no such guarantee that the information will work 100 percent. If any problem is there we will definitely help you to overcome.
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4
- Computer (Windows XP or Windows 7)
- Original USB Cable
- Install Samsung KIES in PC & update through internet from official site. This is very important that upgraded version of KIES must be used to officially update the device.
- Disable the antivirus program and uninstall the same in Smartphone to avoide interruption during update.
- Make the device data backup in case of loss or corruption, backup all SMS, Contacts, call logs, MMS, videos, songs, apps, APN passwords and other files present in your phone.
- Make sure that the Smartphone has 50% battery back up or more to avoid automatic shut down during the update.
Procedure to update Verizon Galaxy S4 to official 5.0.1 Lollipop
- First make sure you followed the above requirements, battery charged, installed both the software (WinRar+ Samsung kies) in computer and installed the zip file.
- Then extract the .zip file and then download the Odin file on your computer. Place the files on the desktop to find them easily.
- Turn off the device and land it in download mode by press-holding the VOL DOWN KEY+ HOME+POWER Button. Then again press the volume key after releasing the all buttons.
- Now double click on Odin to launch it and connect it to your PC via USB. When the device gets detected by Odin, a pass message appears. If this doesn’t happen then enable the kies option.You must not have upgraded the Samsung KIES from the official Samsung site. When the Odin ID:COM box turns yellow, move to the next step.
- Click on “PDA” in Odin and the select the .tar.md5 file that was extracted by you earlier.
- Then click on start to flash the firmware. Wait for few minutes and a PASS message appears confirming the flashed update.
Congratulations, you have successfully learned the process to flash the official Lollipop security update on your Verizon Galaxy S4 Smartphone. The Verizon Galaxy S4 is a phone that became popular for its awesome features. If you want to get in more updates on custom ROMs or firmwares, then forget not to visit our site BlogZamana. Leave a comment if have any doubt.