The Samsung Galaxy S8+ Smartphone, one of the most popular handsets from Samsung has of late started receiving the Android 9 Pie Operating System. The update build is dubbed as Android 9 G955FXXU4DSBA and is available for update in Poland and Baltic. The update might hit other corners of the globe at any time. So keep checking the Notification Panel of your Smartphone to get the OTA.
Before starting the update, you must know that the above said firmware is to bring end number of improvements in your handset that includes a brand new UI, Android Pie goodies, stable performance and many more. Now let’s take a look at the pre-requirements of the update. Also you need to remember that the said update is meant only for the Samsung Galaxy S8+ and hence must not be used in any other devices.
Make sure to double check the Name and model of your Smartphone before starting the update since it’s only meant for the said device. Using the firmware on other handsets might brick your Smartphone or even create bugs in it. Be known that BlogZamana will never be blamed for any sort of issues or bugs if created in your Smartphone due to the update. So what you do is at your own risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy S8+ Smartphone
- Original USB Cable
- One PC pre-loaded with Samsung S8+ drivers.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in your Android device since the update will erase all your data.
- Keep at least 50% battery back up on your Samsung S8+ to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the Android 9 Pie G955FXXU4DSBA.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Samsung Samsung S8+ and boot it into download mode.
- Now launch Odin on your PC and connect the Smartphone to it via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue with the COM PORT Number & an Added Massage in the below left corner of the handset, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select “PDA” from ODIN and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that “Auto Reboot” and “F.Reset” Time checkboxes are ticked in ODIN & the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check Settings and hit the START button to begin the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see a PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop indicating that the flashing process is complete. Disconnect the Smartphone from your PC when your device restarts.
The update process will take almost 4-5 minutes and your Samsung Galaxy S8+ will reboot automatically after the update. Wait still the update finishes.
That’s it!! You have successfully flashed the new firmware on your Samsung S8+. Enjoy!! In case of any issues, ping me back in the comment section. I will try to find out a solution for you.