The HTC, a big name in the smart phone market, already has many great reviews about the smart phones it launches. One such remarkable smart phone of the Taiwanese company is the HTC One.(Click here for more HTC related posts) With a 4.7 inch display, Super LCD capacitive touchscreen, 4 MP, auto focus camera with optical image stabilization and LED flash, this phone is a big hit in the market no doubt. The good news for the users of this smart phone is that the KitKat InsertCoin Custom ROM has been released for this smart phone. And we present to you the detailed steps of updating your HTC One M8 with the KitKat InsertCoin Custom ROM.
This update will serve thundering features to the HTC One M8 users. HTC, which recently unveiled the One Mini 2 smart phone,in this update, enables users to play racing games smoothly, which was a complaint for most users owning this set. It also, reportedly, improves the camera quality. So, follow the tips given below and give your smart phone a shining update with the KitKat InsertCoin custom ROM.
BlogZamana will no way be responsible for any damage or bricking that your device may face during this update. Therefore, users must carry out the steps below at their own risk. However, it is very unlikely that any such damage will occur due to this.
- HTC One M8
- USB cable
- A computer
- HTC One USB Driver
- [highlight]CMW recovery should be installed in your smart phone since the InsertCoin Custom ROM is not an official firmware[/highlight]
- It is mandatory to back up all important data before opting for the update to keep your data safe and prevent it from getting erased.
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat InsertCoin Custom ROM (androidfilehost.com/?fid=23329332407590762#sthash.rXTMYKiG.dpuf)
- Google Apps package (androidfilehost.com/?a=show&w=files&flid=10654#sthash.rXTMYKiG.dpuf)
- First, connect the HTC One M8 with the computer via a USB cable.
- Next, transfer the InsertCoin Custom ROM zip file and Google Apps package to the SD card of HTC One M8 from the computer.
- You can now disconnect the HTC device from the computer.
- In the HTC phone, go to settings, then Battery and uncheck the FASTBOOT option.
- Enable USB debugging.
- Then, switch off the HTC device.
- Wait for a few minutes and then reboot your phone to the recovery mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down button and power button simultaneously till the screen appears on your handset. The Bootloader Mode will load now. Click here to get a detailed tutorial for unlocking the BootLoader in HTC One M8
- Now, choose ‘wipe data/factory reset’ option from the main menu of the rebooted screen.
- Then, choose ‘wipe cache partition’ option from the main menu.
- Next, choose ‘install zip from SD card’ and then, search for InsertCoin Custom ROM file and Google Apps package from the SD card of the phone that was downloaded and transferred earlier.
- Finally choose to install.
- After the installation is complete, come back to the main menu of the HTC smart phone and choose ‘reboot system now’ option.
- [highlight]Do not forget to enable USB debugging again.[/highlight]
And there you are, all done with updating your HTC One M8 to Android KitKat 4.4.2 InsertCoin Custom ROM.
More HTC One M8 Posts on our sites:
For more Android news, updates and rooting tips, keep visiting Blogzamana.