Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 Wi-Fi SM-T550 is one among those high-end Tablets for which Samsung often bags rave reviews. The device is really high-end in its laudable specs that include a 9.7″ TFT capacitive touchscreen with 16M colors, Android v5.0 Lollipop OS, 5MP camera with Geo-tagging, 2MP Seocndary cam, Quad-core 1.2 GHz core processor, 1.5GB of RAM, 16GB of ROM, upto 32GB expendable memory, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, dual-band, WiFi Direct and many other features that obviously differentiates your Galaxy Tab from that of others.
Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 Wi-Fi SM-T550 is one of the popular devices in the Galaxy segment. As per latest reports, the Galaxy Tab A 9.7 Wi-Fi has recently started receiving the next official Lollipop version update Over The Air and the firmware is dubbed as XXU1AOD5. The update is presently available in Tunisia. However, users around the globe will also get the update soon on their devices. If you are user from Tunisia, then you can wait the update to hit the notification panel of your device. Then you can easily flash it on your Galaxy Tab by downloading the firmware. But if you are impatient to wait still the update hits your device, then you can follow the manual update method.
Before that you need to fill certain requirements that are essential for safe update of your device. For safe update, at first you have to fill the below mentioned pre-requisites. Take a quick look on these.
Make sure to double check the Name and model number of your Galaxy device before starting the installation since it’s only meant for the Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 Wi-Fi SM-T550. Using the process on other devices might brick your device or create bugs in it. Make sure that BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any sort of issues if created on your handset during the update. What you do is on your own risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 Wi-Fi SM-T550 Smartphone.
- Original Data Cable
- One PC preloaded with Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 Wi-Fi drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device.
- Back Up all important data in Android your device since the update process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 60% to 70% battery back up in your Galaxy Tab A 9.7 Wi-Fi SM-T550 to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- Android 5.0.1 XXU1AOD5 Firmware
- Odin Flash Tool
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned two files and extract the Android 5.0.1 XXU1AOD5.zip file to the desktop of your PC.
- Now switch off your Smartphone and boot it into download mode by long press and hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom+Power Button. Press the Volume Up button to continue as soon as you see a warning triangle sign on your display.
- Now launch Odin and connect your device to your PC via USB.
- You will see the ID: COM box of ODIN screen turning blue along with the COM PORT Number and Added Massage in the below left corner of the screen, if your device gets connected properly.
- Now select the AP/PDA button from the ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time check boxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to initiate the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS massage on the ODIN screen with green backdrop once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your Smartphone from your PC when your device restarts.
The flashing will take almost 4-5 minutes and your device will get rebooted automatically after the update. Wait still the process finishes. Congrats!! You have successfully updated the new firmware on your Samsung Galaxy Tab A 9.7 Wi-Fi SM-T550. Enjoy!! In case of any issues, don’t forget to get back to me via the comment section. I am always there to find out a solution for you.