The Samsung Galaxy Note8 is one of the most used Samsung Smartphones across the globe. The Note is much feature centered and is equipped with superb hardware and classy look. While the Samsung Galaxy Note8 tipped in with the stock Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS, now it’s getting upgraded to the newest Android 9 Pie with awsome security and add on features. If you want to taste these new features and security fixes on your device too, then this article is specially for you.
So what you have to do is to check the notification panel of your Samsung Galaxy Note8 to check if the OTA update has already hit your device. If not, as we have the alternate update method for you. But here I must tell you that the links given in this article is only meant for the Samsung Galaxy Note8 users in Hungary (VDH), Ireland (Vodafone), Morocco (MAT), Korea (SK Telecom), Vietnam, India and Sri Lanka. The firmware carries the build names N950FXXU5DSB2/A505FDDU1ASBD.
Caution: Note that the Android 9 Pie firmware is straight offered by Samsung. Do not confuse it with beta ROMs, rather be known that it’s an official update in a manual way. We will not pay attention to your damaged Smartphones if found any during the update, then the entire process is their headache. We are only here to help you recover from damage if you face any issue during the update.
- Samsung Galaxy Note8
- Computer (Windows XP or Windows 7)
- Original USB Cable
- Enable USB Debugging by going to settings>application>development.
- Backup all personal data such as SMS, MMS, videos, music, apps, contacts, messages, apps etc present in phone using a backup app to avoid data loss.
- Power up the Smartphone if your battery is low and it must be 50% or more to avoid automatic shutdown.
- Android Pie 9 Firmware
Update Samsung Galaxy Note8 to Android Pie
- Download the Android Pie 9 Firmware.zip for your Galaxy Note8 and after download Odin. Do not rename it.
- After extract both the downloaded files to your PC and place them on the desktop for easy finding during update.
- Switch off the Samsung Galaxy Note8 and put it into download mode.
- Now double click on Odin to launch it and then with the help of USB, connect the Smartphone to your PC. Soon the ID:COM box in Odin will turn yellow indicating connection of the device. If this doesn’t happen then you must not have enabled the USB Debugging option. Do so at first.
- Now select “PDA” and choose the .tar file from the firmware folder that was downloaded & extracted in the beginning. Go ahead and click on the Start button.
- The update procedure will start now and will take few minutes to complete. The Galaxy Note8 will reboot automatically after the update is complete.
Well done. Now you have learnt the procedure to update your Samsung Galaxy Note8 to the newest official Android 9 Pie OS. In case you faced any issues feel free to let me know in the comment section. I shall try to find out a solution for you.