If you are a T-Mobile LG G4 handset user, then you will be happy to know that the all new Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware update is now available for you. The update is available for you in the form of Custom ROM. LG is the first company to launch the official Marshmallow firmware update for its devices post the Nexus devices. So users of this handset will be quite happy with the manufacturer. Before the International version of LG G4 have already received the official Marshmallow OTA update. So the T-Mobile LG G4 will be the next handset to receive the Marshmallow firmware update. The Custom ROM update available for the T-Mobile LG G4 is based on the stock 20A firmware which is also available for the International variant.
However, you must know that the new Marshmallow update is an unofficial variant and hence you will loose the warranty of your device following this procedure. But after installing the Custom ROM on your T-Mobile LG G4, you will enjoy the same features and benefits as the stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow firmware. But before starting the update procedure, you must stand to the below mentioned requirements that are badly essential for the update.
- First of all root your T-Mobile LG G4 and install the latest Recovery Image (CWM/TWRP) on your device.
- Personal computer with data connectivity.
- The phone must have 70% battery power to sustain the process.
- Enable the USB Debugging by tapping on Settings-> Applications-> Development-> tick the USB debugging. Don’t forget to untick USB Debugging after everything is completed.
- Disable the security services in your computer and antivirus security in your device to avoid interruption in the update process.
Procedure to Update
- First download the files from the above given link and save it on your computer. Do not change the file names or unzip them.
- Then connect your T-Mobile LG G4 to your PC via USB cable but before that mount the memory storage.
- Then the flies you have downloaded earlier must be copy paste in the root of the SD card of your phone. Then detach the cable and switch of the phone.
- Boot the device in recovery mode by press holding the Volume up button for sometime.
- Now try clean the cache by selecting wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache partition and wipe dalvik cache.
- Go to main menu in recovery mode and select install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard and choose the Custom ROM file and then the google app.
- After flashing the two files, select reboot system now.
Wait still your T-Mobile LG G4 reboots. Once rebooted, your handset is ready to experience the newest Android 6.0 Marshmallow features. Now it’s time to compare between the previous features and new ones, mark the bug fixes and see the improvements in the UI. Forget not to share with us the changes you mark in your Smartphone post update. In case of any problems, feel free to get back to us. We shall try to find out a solution for you.