Samsung Galaxy A8 is one of the popular Android Smartphones devices that was launched almost 7 months ago in Korea via SK Telecom. The Smartphone is quite popular in Korea with many powerful features such as a 5.7-inch Full HD Super AMOLED display with an octa-core Exynos 5430 processor, supported by 2GB of RAM and 16GB internal memory, a 16MP primary and 5MP secondary camera. The device is powered by the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop and a latest firmware for the Smartphone is being rolled now. Of course, the device has already received an update before. But this update will be all the way more powerful as it’s going to add a number of extra features to the Changelog and sort out all the security and bug fixes on your Samsung Galaxy A8.
Reportedly, the update is being rolled in Korea Over The air. Soon you will receive a notification on the update on your Samsung Galaxy A8 and you can flash it by downloading and installing it as per the given instructions. However, a second update method is also there as mentioned below which also can be followed to flash this new firmware on your Android device. But to initiate that update process, you need to read and understand the steps and requirements properly. Just have a look on those.
Forget not to twice check the Name and model number of your Smartphone by going to the About Device section of your Smartphone before starting the update as this update is only meant for the Samsung Galaxy A8 with the model number SM-A800S. Using this tutorial in other devices or even in other models of same series of Smartphones might harm your device vigorously. Keep in mind that BlogZamana will not remain responsible for any issues, Bugs, Bricked devices or Dead SD Card, if your device experiences any during the installation process. What you do is on your own risk.
- One Samsung Galaxy A8 SM-A800S Smartphone.
- Original Data Cable.
- One PC preloaded with Samsung Galaxy A8 drivers. Else at first download and install the drivers on your PC from Samsung’s official website.
- Enable the USB Debugging Mode. You will find the option in the Developer Section of your device. Follow Settings> Developer Options> USB Debugging.
- Backup all important data in your Android device since the update process will erase all data.
- Keep at least 70% to 80% power back up on your Samsung Galaxy A8 SM-A800S to avoid accidental shut down during installation.
- Android 5.1.1 A800SKSU1APB1 Firmware
- Odin flash tool
Steps to Update
- First of all download the above mentioned files and then extract the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop file to the desktop of your PC.
- Next switch off your Samsung Galaxy A8 and move it into download mode by long press & hold of the Volume Down Key+Home Buttom+Power Button. Press the Volume Up button to continue as soon as you see a warning triangle sign on your display.
- Then connect your Smartphone to your PC via USB.
- After select the PDA/AP button on ODIN screen and select the file with .tar.md5 extension. Ensure that the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are ticked in ODIN and the Re-Partition button is unchecked.
- Double check the settings and hit the START button to begin the update process.
- Wait for sometime and you will see the PASS message on the ODIN screen with green backdrop, once the flashing is complete. Disconnect your Samsung Galaxy A8 Smartphone from the PC when your device restarts. It will take around 5-10 minutes of time.
That’s all you need to do. Once your handset restarts, know that you have successfully implemented the procedure. Following the given procedure, you must not face any issues in the update process. Still you faced any issues, feel free to use the comment section. I am always here to assist you.